Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random Reports

Frozen Lake
Just for a change of scenery, we drove down to Presque Isle to take a walk on the icy sand.

Even though it was 45 degrees at our house, it was about 20 degrees cooler down by the lake so it turned into a very brief trip to the beach.








Our Favorite Part of Palmyra...

Of course we love going to the temple and spending time familiarizing ourselves with key locations of Church History and the Restoration, but one of the best parts of our temple trips is the drive home.

(Here's Kinley clutching her newest treasure from the Grandin Press Building as she settles into a sweet slumber wearing sunglasses--gotta love it.)

Anyway, both kids always fall asleep and Abram and I have the rare opportunity to have an uninterrupted conversation--no lap top, no text book, no phone calls from ward members or neighbors, we don't have to hurry home to the children, no laundry to fold or dinner to cook--NOTHING to occupy our attention or energy except each other's company.

6 comments:

  1. Well-deserved time! So glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. The 9 hours of driving last weekend without kids was great for the same reason.

    It looks absolutely freezing there. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do deserve that time. And McKinley never fails to put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinley's BofM pix is CLASSIC....right up there with Courtney's cat Judo reading HIS scriptures...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a rare treat. We should plan a road trip for that reason alone! Things get TOO BUSY. Not good.

    Looks like it was a fun trip in spite of the frigid temperatures. Your kids are incredible.

    Hey, did you hear that Andrew is getting married? We should talk soon, there is much to catch up on!

    Thinking about you and missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... I know you must think I'm totally crazy cause I check this like once (maybe more) a day... I think I must just miss you guys that much.

    ReplyDelete

Mormon Messages