Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hula Hooping and Fish Face



This is the uncut version of the footage Abram took tonight right before putting the kids to bed (the time of the day when all the action happens around here). I spent 4 hours trying to convert this file into the editing program we usually use so I could shorten this but because it was filmed on our other camera, the file's format was incompatible. End result: about 8 minutes of hula hooping, 3 minutes of the children watching themselves in the camera, and 10 seconds of Calum's "fish face".

My suggestion would be to watch about 1 minute of Kinley's hula hooping and then skip to that last 60 seconds to see Cal's "fish face". If you have nothing better to do for 12 minutes, you can listen to Cal try to give Abram a check up in the background, hear Kinley's demands that the camera remain on her at all times, notice that Cal is in desperate need of a haircut, that Kinley gave herself a haircut, spot the ever looming basket of unfolded laundry that floats around my house at all times, and hear two typically biased parents laugh and adore their children.


Grandma's Visit

My mom came to see us the last week in March and it was fantastic! While she was here, we decided make a day trip to Palmyra and swing by Niagara Falls on the way. Although the day did not go exactly as planned, it still turned out to be an unforgettable adventure, thanks to my tantruming two-year-old, a dog named Dicky, a NY Police Officer, my Idaho license plates, and the sweetest missionary couple who kindly gave us a personal sunset tour of the Smith Farm and the Sacred Grove on their P-Day.

So here are a few pictures just in case any of you were wondering what Niagara Falls looks like in March...FROZEN:




















Or how about the Hill Cumorah after sunset? As you can see, its dark and cold. Although I failed to get what would have been very useful information ahead of time, my mom was such a good sport and the children were real troopers. I hope she wasn't disappointed.

8 comments:

  1. Brinlee and I watched the WHOLE video... no judging, it is April 15th and since we don't drink, we have to do all sorts of other crazy things to celebrate! Haha... I loved the whole thing: Kinley's mad hula hoop skills, Calum talking up a storm... holy cow, I see what you mean.... and even just hearing you two laugh... we're counting down the days...

    Also, Tiff, you look really really good... I've got friends who are at the same stage as you and wow, you look really really good.

    Lastly, of course mom wasn't disappointed. I'm sure the visit was much too quick for her and unfortunately I unintentionally distracted her. For that I apologize... man, we love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be the most awesome thing I have ever seen on a blog! Kinley: I am SO impressed! Way to go with your hula-hooping!

    Now I need to go watch Cal because I was so excited to comment that I jumped down here without watching his.

    Be right back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Court beat me?!? Dang it! And what do you mean you are counting down the minutes? Minutes to what? Are you planning a secret visit that I wasn't invited to or something?

    Anyway, love Cal's fish face. I loved the whole video, actually. Most of all, I cannot believe how well that kid talks. It makes me realize how far behind Branik is.

    On that depressing note, I guess I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avery and Ella were mezmerized by the video. love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. McKinley, you are a great hula hooper! Thank you for letting your dad take a video so we can all enjoy seeing it!

    All of my grandchildren crack me up, and I laughed out loud watching and hearing McKinley and Calum.

    As for the trip to Niagra Falls and Palmyra, I will never forget it. It was in no way disappointing.

    Nicole, Tiffany, Courtney, and Caitlin, you have left a "handprint on my heart." I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW McKinley you are so good at hula hooping!I have watched you over and over. You are getting to be such a big girl. . your Grammy loves you so much and I can't wait to kiss your face. I will write more later, for ever and ever Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely loved it. Haha! I laughed out loud at the video.

    The Niagra Falls/Palmyra trip looked awesome, even in the cold. We need to do that before we leave. If you ever feel like going back, maybe we can meet up or something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. Those two little darlings are gonna GET IT when I see them next! I can't even hulahoop for 5 seconds... Kinley simultaneously hulahooping and trying to walk is the funniest thing I've ever seen! Calhoon is Abe's mini-me but he has so much Tiff in him too--I can't believe how big he is. Makes me sad. I can't wait to be CLOSER!

    ReplyDelete

Mormon Messages