Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Bunch of Liars

Last year, after we decided to move to Erie, we were told that although Erie gets a lot more snow, it wouldn't get nearly as cold here as it does in Eastern Idaho...apparently these were well-intending but grossly misinformed individuals.

While Idaho Falls has been basking in the warm temperatures of high 30s to low 40s all week, we have been shivering each day and lingering between -5 and 20 degrees... oh, and did I mention that we are only a few inches shy of breaking the all time record in this area for total snow accumulation in one winter? We have had over 138 inches (11.5 feet) so far.

A couple weeks ago when the melt-off first started, McKinley looked out the window one morning and exclaimed: "Mama, I can see our mail box again!"

The next day we were lured out by the sunshine and I took these pictures. Notice the almost dry side walks and driveways? By this time a lot of our snow had already melted. Our back deck--we literally could not see the shorter railing on the right for most of January.

I know this is like the third time I have complained about our weather on this blog, but trust me, your glad you did not spend your winter here!

2 comments:

  1. I think that weather just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

    Just wait until August -- my blog posts will all be "I HATE SUMMER IN THE SOUTH".

    ReplyDelete

Mormon Messages