Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some of January

Remember how McKinley wanted the whole family to dress up as the Incredibles for Halloween, but Mom and Dad were too cheap and boring, and Ethan was too little? Well, apparently she decided Ethan was now old enough and it was time to design "Jack-jack's" mask for him. So, she gathered her materials, fashioned the mask, and then waited for just the right moment to do the fitting--while Mom and Dad were busy doing dishes:

However, she failed to realize that we could still see into the dinning room from the kitchen sink. After sneaking in the first picture, Abram startled her with an abrupt and unexpected "What are you doing?"

She was laughing too hard to notice that she had put it on upside down.

Ethan was a good sport about it all--he actually adores his big sister and thinks anything she does is fabulous.

Onto Acrobatics in the Basement--sponsered by Grandma.

Ethan enjoys watching them and can hardly wait until he can "hang" with Big Brother and Sister.

Brothers:

Ethan's almost too big for Calum to handle these days.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for new pictures! Your kids are so cute and how awesome is that basement set-up? We missed you on Saturday, especially when we hacked a trail in our "woods" with a machete and the kids built bridges across the creek with old logs. It seemed like something Kinley and Cal would have loved.

    And? Ethan still doesn't look like anyone to me. Except himself, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the mask! How great that you got to capture the action! And thanks for pictures of the basement acrobatics. It's so fun to see the kids playing with the equipment--I still have to credit Courtney with the idea, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New pictures on your blog makes for a sunny internet-surfing action in my world!

    I LOVE that mask. I also love Kinley's expression when she realized she was caught!

    And, I'm glad your kids like that equipment... it seemed PERFECT when Mom and I spotted them. Just sorry we thought the screws came with it and then had to send you bailing to the store.

    I need to muggle all of those children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little baby is quite the chunky monkey! And your daughter McKinley seems like quite the character. I can tell from your blog that she is extremely smart and precocious. . .that'll keep you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What in the world are those contraptions hanging from the ceiling? I just reverted straight back to my childhood, fantasizing about being a lost boy!!

    Oh my gosh, Kinley and that mask! I will freak out! And I can hear Abe saying, "what are you doing?" perfectly and scaring the crap out of her.

    Oh, I miss you, your munchkins, and your house!

    ReplyDelete

Mormon Messages