Thursday, December 17, 2009

He fell upon his brother's neck...

Almost eight years ago, Abram graduated from Basic Training...

At the end of the ceremony, he and his fellow airmen fell out of formation and eagerly approached the stands in search of their family and friends.

He kissed his wife and was proudly greeted by his mom and dad.

But he didn't know Jesse was coming--he didn't know his big brother was going to be there.

















When he saw that Jesse had come to meet him, "he fell upon his brother's neck, and wept..." (Genesis 45:14).


















Witnessing this tender moment offered me, perhaps, a glimpse at the love and friendship between such brothers...

Two weeks ago, Abram didn't know Jesse was going to be gone--that he wasn't going be here anymore.

Again, he was overcome with emotion and watching his grief and pain from losing his only brother has been almost unbearable.













But we are blessed to have the hope and assurance that only the Atonement of Jesus Christ can bring.

We know we will see Jesse again--to laugh, and talk, and walk along side him once more. We know where Jesse is now--a place of rest, of peace, and of learning. And this time Abram knows that when he has finished his earthly training, and another hour of graduation has come, that his big brother will again be waiting there to meet him.

We love you Jesse.

8 comments:

  1. I'm at a loss for words... except as I read I could not help but think of Jesse, falling upon the neck of HIS elder brother and weeping. Which was a nice thing to think and I will try to hold onto that image.

    We love you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,

    What a tender tender precious post- so incredibly beautiful. Those pictures touch my heart--the love between those two so obvious. I am thinking of you all everyday and praying that the Lord will comfort and provide for every need. Please tell Abe how much I love him.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. I opened the blog, took one look at the first photo, and started crying. You are all still in our prayers every day, and I find myself thinking about the Collard family all the time.

    We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know any details, but I am crying right now, and wishing you all peace during this hard time. Thank goodness for the gospel. Thank goodness for the Atonement.

    Please know you're in our prayers.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany..how can I even explain the emotions that this stirred up in me...
    My girls are looking at me right now like...Whoa..what is wrong with Mommy.
    I remember when this happened and I cried just hearing the story. Now, what an awesome thing to remember. I love this so much it hurts. I love you, and please tell Abram to call or write or whatever he can do. We need each other for support and distance is such a stinger. Okay, I will talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've looked at and read this blog over and over and each time, I've gone to comment, tried to think of what I could possibly say, gotten overwhelmed and thought, "I have to comment on this later when I've got things together." Well, I still don't, but I figured telling you that would pretty much sum up what I want to say. Thank you so much for posting this. I, too, remember when hearing about this story. Thank you for the reminder.

    I love my brothers so much.

    I miss you and your beautiful little family. Getting to spend so much time together was a little cruel because now I'm feeling withdrawals. Miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an amazingly heartfelt and tender post. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it and share these pictures Tiff. He is our brother for eternity.

    ReplyDelete

Mormon Messages